|Location:||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
For over 35 years the Ann Arbor Hands-On Museum (AAHOM) and the Leslie Science & Nature Center, have been creating moments of discovery that inspire curiosity, exploration and respect for STEM and the natural world. With more than 250 interactive science and technology exhibits, children of all ages have the opportunity to create and participate in hands-on adventures. More information can be found at www.aahom.org and www.lesliesnc.org.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, AAHOM & LSNC has an exciting opportunity to join their team as a Part-Time Bookkeeper (25-30 hours per week). You will support their current financial systems with the potential opportunity for growth and additional responsibility.
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payables processing
- Account reconciliations and assisting with month-end close
- Making bank deposits, requiring regular cash handling and related reconciliations
- Providing back-up for payroll processing
- Assisting with financial grant reporting – supplying financial information for grant applications and grant management
- Bachelors Degree in accounting, finance, or related field; or equivalent years of relevant experience required
- Prior experience in a non-profit accounting environment helpful, but not required
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and computerized accounting systems ; prior QuickBooks experience is helpful
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Dependable and trust-worthy with handling confidential information
- Thrive in a growth-oriented environment that requires flexibility and positive response to change