Tenant Services Coordinator (Part-Time)
|Location:||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
Our client, NEW, works to improve the impact and performance of nonprofits by creating high-quality strategic solutions. For more than two decades, NEW has worked with nonprofit organizations to craft solutions and create pathways to success. They are dedicated to helping nonprofits because they understand the vital role they play in our community. More information can be found at www.new.org.
NEW seeks a dynamic, organized and customer-focused Tenant Services Coordinator who will ensure that all members of our NEW Center on-site community—our 20+ tenants, our conference room users and guests, and our event attendees—have the highest quality experience. As the NEW Center Tenant Services Coordinator this role sets the tone for NEW’s commitment to service, rooted in our organizational values of honoring diversity, investing in people, seeking to understand, collaboration, innovation and excellence in customer service. The Coordinator will demonstrate a passion for and ability to deliver exemplary customer service; an interest in helping nonprofits; and a desire to see Washtenaw County thrive.
The approximate time allocation for this part-time role will be: 15-20 hours a week.
The Tenant Services Coordinator will support NEW in the following ways:
- Serve as the main contact with all tenants, vendors and building contractors and take responsibility for ensuring the security, general upkeep and maintenance of the facility
- Ensuring health and safety standards, legal requirements, repairs and maintenance, refurbishments, renovations and office moves run smoothly and according to plan
- Whenever appropriate, represent NEW Center at local events and networking opportunities to assist in tenant growth and keep a pulse on local flavor/desires/happenings.
- Establish and monitor progress toward tenancy and visitor goals, revenue, marketing metrics and other key performance indicators as established in partnership with other leaders at NEW;
- Oversee operational aspects of all NEW Center: Be abreast of the P&L and budgets regarding tenant growth, occupancy, revenue & expense margins;
- Manage lease renewals, affiliate memberships, and all aspects of conference room rentals;
- Schedule tenant kitchen duty and monitor condition of kitchen;
- Manage building access (via security door codes) for tenants and visitors;
- Manage thermostats and climate comments from tenants;
- Schedule and manage ongoing building and equipment maintenance and inspections (i.e. HVAC, window cleaning, janitorial, pest control, copiers)
- New tenant orientation and setup (including keys, building signage, phones, internet, and building access, postage and copier codes);
- Manage common areas of the building, including workroom, breakroom, bathrooms, and conference room, ensuring all are properly supplied with needed items;
Required skills and experience:
- Previous experience in building management, event management, working with many different personalities, and ability to quickly analyze and problem-solve while holding multiple levels of information
- High-level communication, leadership abilities, personal management, expert level of customer service, teamwork, autonomy, responsibility and the desire to be of service to others
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff from various backgrounds
- Ability to work flexible hours as required by programs and staffing needs including occasional evenings and weekends
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort level with various software platforms
- Exceptional customer service skills - thrives on human interaction and enjoys providing helpful and timely customer service
- Organized and detail-oriented, a quick learner with the ability to research and find needed information
- Ability to thrive in an entreprenurial environment and work independently while collaborating with a team
- Comfortable working toward objectives in a “hands-off” professional environment; able to work independently to reach program and personal goals and solve problems. Willing to embrace professional growth through internal coaching and external training.