Our client, NEW: Solutions for Nonprofits, is seeking a full-time IT Helpdesk/Systems Administrator to join their team.
NEW works to improve the impact and performance of nonprofits by creating high-quality strategic solutions. For more than two decades, NEW has worked with nonprofit organizations to craft solutions and create pathways to success. They are dedicated to helping nonprofits because they understand the vital role they play in our community. More information can be found at www.new.org.
The IT Helpdesk/Systems Administrator will be part of a shared service IT group who provides IT services and support to nonprofit organizations in Southeast Michigan. The primary responsibility will be to assist external clients with IT questions and resolve their IT issues.
This position will primarily work out of our Ann Arbor, Detroit and Southfield Offices and requires travel to client locations within a one hour radius of Ann Arbor, including Detroit, Southfield and Flint.
The hours for this position will be either 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm. And, requires after hours (nights and weekends) on call support one week out of every six weeks.
Areas of support include desktops, laptops, servers, tablets, smartphones, printers, network equipment, network wiring, and software.
- Respond, troubleshoot, and resolve support requests from clients via phone, email, and screen sharing.
- Respond, troubleshoot, and resolve tickets generated by monitoring systems.
- Perform on-site troubleshooting and resolution of IT issues.
- Monitor, Prioritize, and Update support tickets in our Helpdesk software.
- Perform monthly maintenance (health checks) to a group of servers.
- Setup and deploy servers, desktops, laptops, and thin clients during new client installations
- Migrate existing data from email clients and legacy email systems to Google Apps and Microsoft Office 365
- Develop training materials for end-users
- Provide end-user training to clients
Education & Training:
-An Associates or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or Computer Networking is strongly preferred but not required (equivalent work experience is acceptable).
-One to two years of experience working in an IT or Tech Support helpdesk or other customer service environment is strongly preferred. Experience as systems administrator or systems analyst will also be considered. Education may be considered in the absence of work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, 8, and 7 operating systems as it relates to an end user.
- Working knowledge of Mac OS X operating systems as it relates to an end user.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2, 2012, and 2008 R2 operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Terminal Services, Active Directory, Group Policy, Folder Redirection, Roaming Profiles, NTFS Permissions
- Working knowledge of networking devices such as routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols such as TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, SSH
- Working knowledge of remote access technologies such as Remote Desktop, VNC, LogMeIn.
- Working knowledge of the Linux operating system, preferably Ubuntu Linux or other Debian-based systems
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Level email systems such as Google Apps, Office 365 and Microsoft Exchange.
- Familiarity with smart phones such as iPhones, Androids, and Windows smart phones and tablets.
- Familiarity with Thin Client technologies such as the Linux Terminal Server Project
- Knowledge of programming or scripting language(s) a plus
- Knowledge of MySQL and MSSQL database administration a plus
- Knowledge of CMS's such as Wordpress, Drupal, and Joomla a plus
- Able to work independently and take initiative to learn new skills and resolve issues
- Strong telephone and customer contact skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible and creative team player who views the workload as a team and not just as an individual
- Flexible work schedule
More about NEW as an organization:
Competencies to be successful at NEW include:
-Service Oriented: Thrives on human interaction; enjoys providing helpful and timely customer service (a service-oriented mindset is critical).
-Team Player: Prioritizes the needs of the organization above other considerations; assumes roles outside scope of job description when necessary to keep organization running smoothly and help meet customers’ needs; enthusiastically embraces the “servant leadership” philosophy for working with colleagues and customers.
-Entrepreneurial Mindset: Embraces a mission-based business model where every employee is accountable for the organization's success in achieving its earned revenue goals.
-Project Management: Able to work on multiple projects at once; very strong organizational skills.
-Leadership and Initiative: Comfortable working toward objectives in a “hands-off” professional environment; able to work independently to reach program goals and solve problems. Willing to embrace professional growth through internal coaching and external training.
-Communication: Expresses ideas and thoughts clearly and effectively; able to form strong working relationships with colleagues and others; feels comfortable training and presenting to large and diverse audiences; provides helpful and timely customer service; able to work successfully with diverse individuals and groups.
-Innovation and Problem Solving: Able to secure relevant information to identify key issues or problems and recommend viable solutions; able to adjust activities and goals based on changing circumstances.
NEW's Statement on Diversity:
We believe that our mission is most effectively fulfilled through a commitment to inclusiveness as a core value and practice. We maintain that building and sustaining diversity requires an ongoing commitment to inclusion that must find full expression in our organizational culture, values, norms, and behaviors. Throughout our work, we support diversity across all lines of difference, including age, economic circumstance, ethnicity, sex, race, range of ability, religion, sexual orientation, and gender identity/expression. We aim to lead by example, viewing and encouraging diversity as a fundamental and abiding strength of the nonprofit sector in Southeast Michigan and beyond.
Because we believe that communities, organizations and people are filled with potential waiting to be unleashed . . .
• We Honor the rich diversity of people, experiences and ideas.
• We Invest in our people, clients, and communities.
• We Seek to Understand by promoting lifelong learning for ourselves and our clients.
• We Collaborate by supporting each other as team members and through partnerships.
• We Innovate by encouraging creativity and finding solutions.
• We Deliver exceptional service - every time.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.