Chief of HR/Organizational Development
|Location:||Ann Arbor, MI|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Our client, Gift of Life Michigan, is a nonprofit organization, headquartered in Ann Arbor, and is the state's only federally designated organ and tissue recovery program, providing all services necessary for organ and tissue donation to occur in Michigan, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. |
The Chief of Organizational Development (OD) is a newly created, key role with strategic partnership accountability to the Chief Executive Officer, and serving as a member of the Senior Leadership (Executive) Team. The role has responsibility for providing leadership in developing and executing human resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of workforce development, talent management, organizational and performance management, training and development, talent attraction (recruitment), and retention. The Chief of OD provides strategic leadership by translating organizational goals, values and vision in to operational programs and strategies. In addition, the Chief of OD nurtures and crafts the organization’s culture, creating people processes that support Gift of Life’s values, core purpose and goals.
|Duties:||Key Performance Measures/Deliverables:|
• Strengthen Gift of Life's workforce capacity.
• Build a culture of continual learning and knowledge sharing.
• Grow our leaders to ensure leadership continuity and instill leadership skills to support the mission and human capital strategies.
• Develop our people by building organizational expertise and fostering professional growth through adaptive and current learning and development strategies.
• Assess workforce needs and continuously develop and deliver strategies to assist the success of the Gift of Life team.
• Create, promote and implement systems and strategies to maximize retention of valued team members.
• Design and launch programs and policies to develop team members for promotion-readiness, thereby creating career paths and increasing retention.
• Create strategic recruitment strategies to ensure the availability of talent for projected growth.
• Develop branding and networking activities to position Gift of Life as an “employer of choice."
• Define proactive and reactive talent attraction programs and tactics.
Alignment of People Practices with Organizational Vision:
• Ensure consistency of operational practices with organizational core purpose and vision.
• Partner closely with executive team members to ensure complete alignment of HR activities with operational objectives.
|Qualifications:||Gift of Life seeks a strategically focused partner who happens to have deep expertise in Organizational Development, Human Resources and talent development. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5-10 years of proven executive level experience. Prior experience with a healthcare, clinical or nonprofit organization is desirable. The selected candidate will be goal oriented, collaborative, and a strategic thinker with great credibility.|
Specific requirements include:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, human resources, organizational psychology or closely related field; Master's degree is strongly preferred.
• Certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) or SHRM-SCP is preferred.
• A minimum of 5 to 10 years prior management experience, leading an HR/OD team
• Personal competencies:
o Relationship and trust building skills
o Highly credible with personal integrity
o Proactive and highly responsive
o Solution-oriented/Identifies new opportunities
o Results and goal oriented
o Excellent communications skills
o Ability to debate issues and add value to the collective intelligence of the senior leadership/executive team
• Team player:
o Strong business and work ethic
o Proactive self-starter
o Support of team members to achieve success
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.